Senior Manager / Manager (Biomedical Technologies – Medical Devices)
Comprising Hong Kong Science Park, InnoCentre and Industrial Estates, Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP) is a statutory body dedicated to building a vibrant innovation and technology ecosystem to connect stakeholders, nurture technology talents, facilitate collaboration, and catalyse innovations to deliver social and economic benefits to Hong Kong and the region.
Established in May 2001, HKSTP has been driving the development of Hong Kong into a regional hub for innovation and growth in several focused clusters including Electronics, Information & Communications Technology, Green Technology, Biomedical Technology, Material and Precision Engineering. HKSTP enables science and technology companies to nurture ideas, innovate and grow, supported by our R&D facilities, infrastructure, and market-led laboratories and technical centres with professional support services. HKSTP also offers value added services and comprehensive incubation programmes for technology start-ups to accelerate their growth.
Technology businesses benefit from the specialised services and infrastructure at Hong Kong Science Park for applied research and product development; enterprises can find creative design support at InnoCentre; while skill-intensive businesses are served by the three industrial estates at Tai Po, Tseung Kwan O and Yuen Long.
Requirement & Duties
- Serve as a senior member of the Institute for Translational Research (ITR) in setting up policies, guidelines, and value-added services related to biomedical technologies specifically in medical devices;
- Support the team to formulate and implement short-term and long-term strategies as well as solicit support from internal and external stakeholders to build up a vibrant medical device ecosystem;
- Manage the medical device accounts including conducting due diligent studies of applicants, drive and execute various programmes aiming to support the development of medical device sector, manage business collaboration to assist technology transfer from universities, and catalyze technology and business development of partners/Park companies;
- Work closely with key stakeholders to attract new clients, execute commercial plan in the areas of client applicant pipeline generation, due diligence analysis, direct client relationship management and collaboration activities management;
- Collect market intelligence data in Medical Device Industry and establish close relationship with relevant local and overseas government agencies, universities, research institutions, venture capital communities, trade associations and professional bodies;
- Assist in formulating the required infrastructure needs (equipment, plants / space and manpower resources), laboratory and technology services to support the biotech companies pursuing medical device as products;
- Support the planning, coordination and analysis of survey/studies on marketing needs, cliental requirements and customer satisfaction;
- Prepare Board papers as needed; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
- Postgraduate degree in Biomedical Engineering or related disciplines, preferably with industry or research experience;
- With 8 to 10 years of relevant research and work experience in R&D in medical devices, with exposure in regulatory affairs / manufacturing process as an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more medical devices subspecialties (e.g. medical imaging, implants, medical robotics, SaMD etc.);
- Exposure to North America, Europe or Mainland China environment is an added advantage;
- Aggressive, dynamic, mature and have a flair for entrepreneurship with astute interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders;
- A proven track record of accomplishment in medical device R&D and having a professional network of contacts in the region and/or overseas;
- Good team spirit and excellent planning, organization and problem solving skills; and
- A good command of English and Chinese, written and verbal (including Mandarin), with good presentation skills.
Commencing position will be commensurate with qualifications, relevant experience and competencies.
To apply, please send your full resume with current and expected salary to:
Human Resources & Office Administration Department,
Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation,
5/F, Building 5E, 5 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Hong Kong
by email to email@example.com on or before 19 May 2022. Please quote the reference number on the email subject/envelope and the application letter.